Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Help! What do I pack in my hospital bag?


We often get asked this question by expectant Mums who come into the shop, and I remember, when I was counting down the days to meet my baby, that I didn't really know what to take and what I would need. So we thought we'd put together a little (or quite long!) check list of everything you can pack which you might find essential, useful and comforting for your (short stay away.


A small travel bag is ideal as it will allow you to take lots of different things with plenty of room to see, and access easily, what you've got. And here's what we think should be inside:


1. a comfortable nightgown (and something you'd be happy for potential visitors to see you in)
2. slippers & couple of pairs of socks
3. nursing bra
4. breast pads
5. nipple cream
6. sanitary towels
7. pants (disposable or ones you'd be happy to throw away - large and comfortable!)
8. toothbrush & toothpaste
9. shampoo & conditioner
10. hairbrush
11. face and body creams
12. hand towel
13. deodorant
14. lip balm
15. comfortable going home clothes (don’t forget shoes)
16. a little bit of make up
17. some cash could be useful


And now you also need a bag for baby;

1. nappies
2. wipes
3. muslins
4. swaddling blankets
5. soft baby blanket
6. few baby grows and long sleeve vests
7. baby hat
8. something for the baby to wear to take home, a favourite baby grow perhaps (trust me, you will keep this forever)
And now all you need ..... is your baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment